Is your organization doing anything special to feature or promote business ethics awareness?
To get the conversation started: featured below are a few statistics from the Ethics Resource Center’s (ERC) recently released report on their National Business Ethics Survey.
- The percentage of employees who witnessed misconduct at work fell to a new low of 45%
- Those who reported the bad behavior they saw reached a record high of 65%
- 22% of those who reported misconduct say they experienced some form of retaliation (an increase of 12%-15% in years 2007 and 2009)
- Percentage of employees who perceived pressure to compromise standards in order to do their jobs rose five points to 13% (just shy of the all-time high of 14% in 2000)
- The share of companies with weak ethics cultures increased to 42%
Visit www.ethics.org to see the entire report.
Click here to take a survey on business ethics.