Ethics Matters – August 2011
Sponsor a Student Chapter
Student Chapters allow ethical behaviors and ideas to flourish, while creating opportunities for students to network with the business community and develop professional leadership skills. Through NASBA’s support and guidance, events can be offered for all students, providing colleges and universities a forum for ethics education blended with real‐life events.
The mission of the Student Center for the Public Trust (SCPT) is to promote ethical thinking in the developing character and conscience of students. The SCPT provides students with the opportunity to develop a real awareness of ethical issues which will provide a moral and ethical foundation for all future endeavors and create a better, more thoughtful world.
- Affect behavioral changes in students so ethical and moral concerns become a foundation for decision‐making processes for life.
- Influence students, prior to joining the business world, to assume ethical thinking and behavior so that as business leaders they are more fully equipped to shape an ethical society.
- Create opportunities that will allow students to develop leadership skills.
- Provide opportunities for students to network with the business community through the development and sponsorship of seminars, programs, service projects, competitions and social activities.
- Develop an environment where ethical behavior can flourish.
- Provide a forum for promoting positive news and activities on campus.
We are looking for firms or organizations to become sponsors of specific student chapters through financial support and mentorship programs. By providing the support to a student chapter a firm will receive promotion and acknowledgement as a sponsor on NASBA’s Web site, and in national and local promotional and public relations materials.