Earn 2 hours of Ethics CPE at the NASBA Center for the Public Trust’s Ethics Workshop: A Deeper Look into Corporate Scandals
Date: October 30, 2016 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Location: JW Marriott, Brazos Room – Austin, Texas
Dr. Kelly Richmond Pope is a subject matter expert in the area of white-collar crime. She is the founder and Chief Content Officer of Helios Digital Learning, Inc. and an associate professor in the School of Accountancy and Management Information Systems at DePaul University. She is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and has worked in forensics at KPMG, LLP on anti-money laundering engagements, insurance fraud investigations and fraud risk management projects. Join Dr. Pope as she takes a deeper look into the largest municipal fraud in American history, stemming from a case in Dixon, Illinois.
At this workshop, participants will:
- Discover how trust is developed and broken
- Explore the importance of utilizing professional skepticism
- Learn how competing values can impact ethical decision-making
- Examine how a lack of internal controls can allow fraudulent behavior to take place
- Identify ethical risk areas within organizations
No fee is required to attend this conference.
For more information regarding program concerns and/or cancellation policies, please contact our offices by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Center for the Public Trust is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
- No fee is required to attend this workshop
- Workshop participants can earn up to 2 Ethics CPE credits
- Registration is available by clicking the button below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
No prerequisites are required to attend this workshop.
Who Should Attend?
- Accounting Professionals
- Ethics and Compliance Officers
- Finance Professionals
- Legal Professionals
- Medical Professionals
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- HR Training Staff
- Managers and Directors with Direct Reports
- Corporate Executives
No advanced preparation will be needed before attending this workshop.